Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day One

So today would have been considered a really good day a couple weeks ago, and it would have been considered a miracle 2 years ago, but from where I am now, it was merely an okay kind of day, as far as picking is concerned. I did pick, but not as much as I have been, as of late, and it's thanks to this blog. Because when I thought of picking, I thought, Do I want t have to write about this in my blog? Of course I wouldn't want to do that. No one wants to publicly admit their wrongs, but I promised myself to be 100% honest here. The only way I wouldn't have to admit my shortcomings, was if I overcame them before I acted upon them. That means, don't pick and you won't have to tell people about it.

I found a new tactic to help reduce the impulse to pick. It may not work for everyone, but I found that wearing makeup greatly reduces my impulse to pick. I don't like the texture of makeup-covered skin under my fingertips. It feels greasy (though the makeup I use is oil-free to help prevent breakouts) and gross to the touch. It naturally repels me.

It's almost that time of month again, accompanied with the all too predictable breakout. As if I needed anymore temptation.

On a side note, anyone watching the Olympics? I think I'm living and breathing that stuff now. Well there's really nothing else to do, when you're an unemployed college student living at home for the summer, there's really nothing else to do. Hopefully I'll be able to find work when I go back up to school in a couple weeks.
Well, that's all. Until next time!

Love,

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment